While it normally takes a village to raise a child, mothers often have that undeniable, magical bond with their babies. Their natural instincts help them know exactly what their babies want.
Each time you look at your baby, hold, feed or rock them, you’re building a bond with your baby. Many scientific studies prove that emotional bonding between a mother and her baby is vital for the healthy well-being of the young one. Babies can even identify their mothers through their scent by spending just about 10 minutes in their safe haven.
Why Is It Important To Nurture Your Bond with Baby?
The bond between a mother and her baby starts right when the baby is in the womb. After the birth, everything is new for the baby. It becomes duty of the parents to reassure and support the babies and make them feel loved. It is possible when they spend quality time with them.
Bonding is beneficial at many levels.
How To Bond with Your Baby?
- It increases a baby’s level of safety and security
- It improves a baby’s mental, physical, and emotional growth
- It enhances a mother’s connection with her baby
- It aids in overcoming rough times, such as the witching hour, night-time fussiness, etc.
Bonding with new-borns can take many forms. All moments spent with babies are special and help making the bond stronger. Feeding the baby, cuddling with baby, playing with them, singing lullabies for them and even a simple touch of care; these all acts of care make bonding between parents and babies special.
1. During breastfeeding: Breastfeeding is one of the essential forms of bonding between a mother and her baby. It’s not only good for the overall well-being of the little ones but for mothers as well. Observing their expressions while breastfeeding helps a mother in understanding her baby’s natures and have a better connect with the baby.
2. A mother’s touch can do the magic: A mother's touch of care is very effective. It can soothe the crying babies and can even make them fall asleep. A mother’s gentle and loving touch combined with Vicks BabyRub can prove really beneficial for the baby. Many scientific studies prove that giving babies a massage can enhance babies’ mood, relax them and even help them in falling asleep.
A gentle massage with Vicks BabyRub is highly recommended to gently soothe and relax your baby. Vicks BabyRub contains Coconut Oil and Aloe Vera that helps in moisturising your baby’s skin. It also has soothing and calming fragrances of Rosemary and Lavender
3. Be encouraging and supportive: Praising babies on their small achievements plays an important role in building their self-confidence and self-esteem. Every small step they take right should be encouraged and supported by parents.
4. Make the most of every moment: Never waste a moment to bond with the baby no matter if it’s as simple as giving them a sponge bath or a massage with Vicks BabyRub just before they sleep.
5. Read to the little one: Reading to a baby is a valuable form of spending quality time with them. This will gradually help them in improving their vocabulary and expand their imagination as well.
Bonding with a baby takes a lot more than simply spending time with them. It requires giving all the attention to the baby and making them feel safe and protected with you. It gives them a feeling that you will always take care of them at each and every stage of their growth and development.
Keep the areas of application loosely covered to avoid accidental ingestion or slipping while walking. Read the label carefully. Use as directed